Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Out of Order


Sin does not have the victory,
Yet deceit seems to.
We forget so easily that sin doesn’t have a hold for us anymore.
Each day is a struggle against it.
Each day I give in.
I fail.
Who will save me from myself?
For it is myself who believes I am fighting a losing battle.
It is myself who has chosen to believe the deceit.
Who will save me from this sin that waits on the other side of my bedroom door?
I wake up and walk through.
Sin jumps on to piggy back.
He whispers to me throughout my day.
I didn’t pray today.
I didn’t talk to the One who has the power to change this.
Instead I put the old chains back on.
I believed in myself instead,
And have regretted it deep down, inside.
The chasm grows wider,
And the chaos grows stronger.
I am an agent of peace and order,
Living in a world of great deceit,
Lying to myself, and believing the lies told to me.
I am ashamed.
I crawl back to my creator,
The One who gave His life for mine.
He gave His life so I could shrug sin off.
“You may not ride me anymore,
I am ‘out of order’ as far as you are concerned.”
Sin does not bat an eye, for he will just try again tomorrow.
I, on the other hand, have chosen the high road.
May I choose it tomorrow also.
For whether sin drives me forward then, or not,
Is a decision I will have to make again.
Each day is a struggle against it.
It gnashes its teeth hungrily.
I look up, and inward searching for strength,
And keep walking.
Who will I believe today?

No comments:

Post a Comment